MSc and PhD by Research
At INFORMM, we offer prospective students postgraduate degree programs for MSc and PhD by research. Research at INFORMM is divided into three research clusters (Advanced Research Technologies, Diagnostic for Infectious Diseases, and Cancer Research). Prospective students are encouraged to directly contact our researchers to enquire about the availability of research projects based on your area of interest before application. Students can opt to carry out their research projects either full-time or part-time. For full details on entry requirements please visit the Institute of Post Graduate Studies' website at http://www.ips.usm.my
All currently available postgraduate research projects are also listed in the Research Vacancies section.
Master of Science (Molecular Medicine) and Doctor of Philosophy
In our drive to achieve academic excellence, INFORMM strives to attract top quality graduates to enrol in its postgraduate programmes. The postgraduate programmes at INFORMM are research-based leading to MSc and PhD in Molecular Medicine.
Programme and Field Code:
|Program Title||Program Code||Field Code||Field Title|
|Molecular Medicine||INF01||00||Molecular Medicine|
Applicants should possess the following:
To enrol for MSc
- A BSc (Hons) in a related field with a CGPA of at least 3.0/4; MBBS/MD; DVM; DDM or equivalent degree from a recognised institution
To enrol for PhD
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s (First Class Honours or CGPA >3.67/4) degree in a related area
Language Requirement (International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 35 for TOEFL (Internet-based); or
- A minimum of Band 5 for IELTS; or
- A minimum score of 36 for PTE; or
- A minimum score of 154 for CAE/CPE
Exemption is given to candidate with:
- English is the candidate’s mother tongue or National Language; or
- Candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of instruction at Bachelor and/or Master degree level is English; or
- English courses from selected Malaysian public/private university or institution. (The level of qualification and the relevant courses should be previously identified and approved by the University Postgraduate Studies Council).
- Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 6 semesters
- Part-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 12 semesters
- Full-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 10 semesters
- Part-time: Min 6 semesters / Max 15 semesters
Find out more about the course through our alumni's testimonials.